Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Do you struggle with feeding your kids a healthy breakfast? Do you need something super easy + healthy for school mornings?
Try these whole grain & refined sugar-free Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies! They are thick, filling, & full of apples & carrots.
The original recipe calls for oat flour but I wanted to try almond flour instead & they came out perfect! I also used my box grater to shred the apple & carrots but a food processor would speed this step up.
This is a cookie that freezes really well. I make a batch of these, add them to freezer storage bags & then pull a couple out on busy school days or for snacks. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds or less & they’re ready to go!
2 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup almond flour (you can use oat flour too)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I used my coffee grinder for the whole flaxseeds – easy!)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup grated apple – skin included
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together honey (or maple syrup), applesauce, egg, vanilla, melted butter, carrot, and apple.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet – oats, almond flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix all together until combined.
- Use a large scoop or measuring cup to form 1/4 portions into cookies. You’ll need to use your hands to shape the cookies and flatten slightly since these cookies will not spread when baked.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until set. Let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Original recipe from https://kristineskitchenblog.com/carrot-cake-breakfast-cookies/
You can find me cooking LOTS on Instagram! Click here & watch my Stories…. www.instagram.com/bounce_back_fitness