Ooooh…. I’m now in love with aioli! Have you tried it or made it before?
I’ve eaten aioli several times in restaurants but it’s always been a mystery to me. How do you make it? Is it a fancy restaurant food?
Well, I received a Blue Apron meal a couple of moths ago & the recipe led me through the steps to make aioli. It was served with salmon and a tasty veggie + potato side dish! I never realized that it was so easy to make!
Aioli is a lemon, mayonaise & garlic sauce that can be served with meat & side dishes. It adds the perfect lemon acidity & richness to this meal!
When we get a Blue Apron recipe that’s a hit with the whole family, I keep it and make it again. This is a GREAT recipe!
Lemon Aioli Salmon
4 wild salmon filets (around .25 pounds each) or you can bake an entire filet in the oven or BBQ
- Season salmon with salt & pepper or any other seasoning of your choice
- Heat a non stick pan or scast iron skillet with olive oil. Allow pan to heat up.
- Place salmon filets flesh side down & allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip & then cook for 4-5 minutes more.
- Salmon is done when just cooked through
Lemon – cut into 4 wedges
1/4 cup mayonaise
salt & pepper
- Add 1/4 cup mayonaise to a bowl (I use an avocado oil based mayo).
- Add the juice of the four lemon wedges to the mayo & mix
- Crush one garlic clove & add to the mayo bowl.
- Season with salt & pepper
Serve the aioli over the salmon.
This seriously is the only way I make salmon now because the sauce is amazing!
Let me know what you think!